Ingredients for Ground Meat:
- Ground Beef, Pork, or Chicken (1/2-1 whole package)
- Seasonings for minced beef: salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, garlic, chives, parsley, cilantro, sesame oil, soy sauce, a splash of white wine vinegar, etc. Use what you have, eliminate what you don’t.
- Sliced Chili Peppers
- Sliced Ginger (or powdered)
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil, Neutral oil for pan
Ingredients, The Rest:
- White Rice (or Rice Noodles, if preferred)
- Garnishes (Optional): Bean sprouts, Fresh ginger, Sliced radishes, Thinly sliced red onions, Soy Sauce, Fresh carrots, Fresh Cucumbers, Zucchini, Fresh cilantro/herbs, Fresh Scallions, Red chili flakes, a Sriracha-based sauce (Sriracha, Mayonnaise, Vinegar, Soy Sauce, Sesame Oil; Salt to taste)
Note: I had a bone broth that should have seen it’s last days… days ago. I boiled the rice in the broth to boost the flavor and this was a great use.
- Prepare the minced beef: season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, garlic, chives, parsley, cilantro, sesame oil, soy sauce, a splash of white wine vinegar, etc. (all are optional)
- Rice in water (or your broth). Boil. Continue to stir until fluffy and ready. Taste as you go, don’t let it get mushy.
- Heat a pan and cook the minced beef; remove from pan. Add a little sesame oil and a dot of neutral oil. Fry the chilis, ginger, and garlic until fragrant and lightly browned. Add the ground beef back into the pan and stir.
- To your plate or bowl, add the rice and top with the ground beef. Add the toppings or sauce you have available or have made.
- Leftovers can be made into a fusion burrito, topped with a fried egg for breakfast, made into little fried cakes, or just totally re-fried in a pan for dinner the next night.
- This recipe is great because it relies heavily on the rice (or noodles), and rice only needs a small amount before boiling into a huge, filling portion. It can be topped with as little (or as much) ground meat as you wish, allowing you to portion out a package of ground meat between one and four days.
- This gives you an opportunity to use wilting herbs, and fresh herbs (for me, my radishes and bean sprouts were growing old) and vegetables that might have seen better days. The flavors of the chilis and ginger will liven these right up.
- As always, make it your own to fit your needs.
Please follow and like us: